- Avocado Oil -
Mira Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
Mira Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is extraordinary oil with important nutritional and healing qualities. This oil is completely extracted by cold pressing, thus ensuring its flavor and aroma. In the extraction process the fruit is never subjected to high temperatures, which allows for the untouched preservation of the avocado’s nutritional properties.
Avocado Oil from the center of the world:
Thanks to its location right on the Equator, Ecuador is a country with a very high luminosity. This is the reason why Ecuadorian roses are the most famous in the world, as well as our cocoa and bananas. The same happens to avocados: our high-altitude avocados are grown at 6200 feet above sea level. Also, our plantations are irrigated by natural spring waters, and the weather conditions are those of an eternal spring, thus enabling year-round harvests.
Cooking with Avocado Oil:
Mira Extra Virgin Avocado Oil enhances the natural flavours of other ingredients, rather than overpowering them. Due to its high viscosity it coats the food so slightly rather than being absorbed into it. This behaviour not only makes it more economical, since compared to olive oil less quantity needs to be used, but also helps avoid leaving a greasy aftertaste.
Avocado oil has a very high burn/smoke point of around 491°F, against 400°F for olive oil, an important difference when cooking, because that is the point at which the healthy monounsaturated molecules are transformed into harmful when frying (The smoking point is the degree to which you can heat the oil before it begins to burn and smoke. Once the oil begins to smoke it creates free radicals which are very harmful to your health and are a major cause of many diseases).
- MIRA Original is excellent for stir-fry and other high-temperature cooking. The cold extraction process helps ensure that the oil maintains its nutrients, aroma and buttery, almond-like flavor.
- MIRA Chilli Breeze is the fusion between our Original Avocado Oil and Chili peppers. This extra virgin avocado oil is mildly spicy and is a wonderful addition to stir-frys, fish, meats and more.
- MIRA Andean Star is our Original Avocado Oil with added floating stars: avocado tree leaves! The leaf stars add aroma and flavor to your food, and beautifully decorate your most special dishes.
- MIRA 100% Hass Not Filtered is our Original Avocado Oil not filtered. The purest avocado oil in the world!
Avocado Oil is great for your health:
Mira Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is 100% natural, free of chemicals, stabilizers, or dyes; and is one of the healthiest edibles oil in the market. It has the following benefits:
· Controls and Modifies Blood Cholesterol
· Improves Blood Vessel Integrity
· Contains 100% Natural Avocado Pulp
· No Preservatives, Artificial Coloring or Additives
· Smoke Point of 491°F against 400°F for olive oil
· Rich in Monounsaturated Fatty Acids "the good fats"
MIRA is a Social and Environmental Project:
Many people have been benefited by the avocado oil Manufacturing Plant in the North of Ecuador, where employment used to be scarce. Nowadays, many small producers are growing avocados and have become our suppliers to whom we pay a fair market price, thus providing them with a stable income. This is having a positive impact on the economies of the towns surrounding the farm, and it is contributing towards reforestation by planting avocado trees.
MIRA Avocado Oil won a silver and bronze medal in the 2013 AVPA contest in Paris, France. The Agency for the Valorization of Agricultural Products, AVPA, is a non-profit organization, mostly gathering producers of the World.